Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Take You Back



***Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you.*** (Ephesians 4:32)

It's been a while since I attended church here in Baguio.
I missed going to church. I missed singing praises to the Lord. I missed listening to the Word of God.

Sunday's sermon was astounding! Believe me. Thought we missed getting there in time, the message struck right through me. Over the past months I've been dealing with this "love" predicament. Thoughts of hope, reconciliation and self centeredness coupled with misery, denial and bitterness filled my head. Shortly I began to realize that forgiveness & letting go, indeed coincides with each other. Oftentimes in the past I got myself believing into that I already let her go, but hey, something's undone yet.

How can one let a person go if you haven't forgiven him or her?

Humming Jeremy Camp's "Take You Back" gives me a further concrete reality on what it meant. The BEST THING about forgiveness is it doesn't come with a PRICE TAG; gratis.
A heart that pleads forgiveness
Replacing all these thoughts
Of painful memories
But I know
That your response will always be

I'll take you back always
And even when your fight is over now
I can only speak
With a grateful heart
As I'm pieced by this gift
Of your love

I will always bring an offering
I can never thank you enough


Also by Camp, "Trading My Sorrows"

Though the sorrow may last for the night
His joy comes with the morning

No comments:

Post a Comment